Parma High School Athletic Director
Phone: 208-779-4069 ext. #1301
Spring Sports are in full swing!
Check out the schedules on the athletic tab, or check high school announcements for updates or changes.
Student Sports Physicals
On May 16, 2017 West Valley Medical Parma Clinic and Parma Physical Therapy will be offering Sports Physicals for student-athletes for $25 per student from 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm. This is not covered by insurance and all the proceeds are donated back to Parma High School Athletics. These physicals are good for the 2017-2018 school year. Remember all students who will be a freshmen or junior in the the 2017-2018 school year are required to have a sports physical.
Thank you to Kristine Kingery for helping make this possible for PHS!
Coach of the Year Recognition
The Parma Panthers had three coaches recognized yesterday at the District III Coaches Banquet. Coach Vickers was the Wrestling Coach of the Year; Coach Calkins was the Girls Basketball Coach of the Year; and Coach Beck was the Cross Country Coach of the Year. Excellent work! We are proud of you!
Parma Panthers Host the "Make it Happen Tennis Tournament" and bring home the trophy!
The High School Tennis team hosted the first ever "Make It Happen" tournament on March 24th and 25th. The four teams who competed were Rocky Mountain High School, Madison High School, and Columbia High School. Nicely done HS Tennis team! We would also like to thank Skip and Melinda Smyser for sponsoring this tournament! We look forward to many more years of winning this tourney.
There will be a baseball camp and coaches clinic on Saturday, April 29th at the PHS Baseball field. The camp will be for students in grades 2-8. HS baseball players will be helping host this day camp. Adults who coach Little League baseball are encouraged to attend as well for some coaching clinic sessions throughout the day. Camp Fliers will be available at each building or you can talk to Coach Swenson for more information. Coach Swenson's email is email@example.com
There will be a Legion Baseball meeting on Friday, April 27th. The meeting will be in the PHS Commons at 6:30 pm. Those students and parents interested in Legion baseball should plan to attend. You can check the Parma Baseball Facebook page for more information.
Attention Baseball Players:
Parma Gophers “A” American Legion Baseball
- 2017 Inaugural Season.
- $350 Player Fee (subject to change annually) payable to Parma Gophers American Legion Baseball (covers coaches, uniforms, umpires, equipment, insurance, etc.)
- Tournament Fees may be divided equally amongst team members (eventually we will secure sponsors to cover these events) unless there are funds available for the program to cover them.
- Travel Fees to out of town tournaments will be covered by families (eventually we will secure sponsors to cover these expenses)
- Minimum three (3) games weekly and as many tournaments monthly as we can find and afford to play in locally and out of town. A schedule of 30-40 games will be created.
- Season will run from the end of May through the third week of July.
- Parma Gophers Baseball is operated and coached by Director Andy “Swens” Swenson who has been a high school (current Parma High School Head Baseball Coach) and college coach for 19 years in addition to 19 years as a MLB Associate Scout. I own and operate Swenson Baseball Co. and Swenson Athletics, LLC. They can be found at www.swensonbaseball.com and www.swensonathletics.com and I will oversee the entire operation with my coaching staff and will be present at practices and games. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call me at (208) 484-6860.
- Coaches for all teams will be hired based on an interview by the President/Head Coach. Preference will be given to experienced baseball acumen as a player and/or coach. I have many former coaches and players who want to be part of this program and I will hire them as coaches for continuity reasons. All players and coaches will be instructed on the Parma way so all are on the same page for expectations and performance.
- Fundraisers/Sponsorships will be discussed for all Gopher players to help with tournament fees and travel expenses for out of town events. Sponsorships from local businesses and individual may be sought out to help with said expenses and fees.
- Eligible players must have turned 13 years of age prior to 1/1/17. Players are eligible to play up through their Senior year in High School and must be in the Parma/Notus district OR gain a release from other American Legion districts they reside (if applicable) in order to play for the Parma Gophers.
- In the event that there are a substantial amount of 13 year olds registered, there may be a Junior Legion team created that will play a separate schedule apart from the “A” team. Those 13 year olds will make up the Junior Legion team only. All other players older than 13 years old will play for the “A” team exclusively.
- Please direct any questions or sign-up inquiries to President/Head Coach Andy “Swens” Swenson at email@example.com or (208) 484-6860. Thank you and I look forward to having your ballplayer in the Parma Gophers American Legion program for many years to come! Please feel free to pass this information on to folks who you believe will be interested in American Legion baseball for their ballplayers!
If you have questions regarding this week's activities, please feel free to call me.
Parma High School
**The Parma community is absolutely amazing! The support shown to the High School Athletic Fundraiser has been outstanding. We are just short of our goal. We truly appreciate your support. Thank you!
NCAA ELIGIBILITY CENTER LAUNCHES NEW WEBSITE - HELP SHARE THE NEWS NCAA Website
2016-2017 Band Calendar.pdf